|Experienced Driver Hiring Criteria
- I. Miscellaneous General Requirements
- Must be 21 years old
- Must hold a Class A CDL
- Must be Hazmat certified (with the exception of Dedicated accounts)
- Must pass a DOT physical
- Must Pass a company physical standards test
- Must pass a company road test
- Must not have tested positive for drugs or alcohol while operating a Commercial Motor Vehicle(CMV)
- Must be a United States citizen or possess an appropriate work visa
- Must be able to read, speak and write the english language in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Must be able to preform the functions described in the job description
- II. Driving And Accident Record
- An applicant may not have more than three moving violation in the past three years.
- An applicant may not have more than two moving violations in the last 12 months.
- An applicant may not have any licence suspensions in the last 3 years related to moving violations.
- An applicant may not have any DUI or DWI convictions in last 3 years.
- An applicant may not have multiple DUI or DWI convictions in the last 10 years.
- An applicant may not have a DUI conviction in a CMV
- An applicant may not have a conviction or citation for the following:
- Leaving the sene of a crime in a vehicle.
- Possession of alcohol in a CMV.
- Possession of a controlled substance in a vehicle in last ten years.
- Use of a vehicle in the commission of a felony.
- Citation in connection with a fatality accident
- An applicant may not have more than one of the following convictions or citations in the last 3 years:
- Driving 15 or more MPH above the posted speed limits
- Reckless driving
- Improper lane change
- Following to close
- Use or possession of a radar detector
- Possession of alcohol in a vehicle
- An applicant may not have a key crash (defined as lane changes, jack knifes, rear end impact, side impact, left turn run-under or roll over) or preventable major accident involving an injury or fatality in the last 3 years (preventability of an accident to be determined by the Safety Department).
- An applicant mat not have more than 3 preventable minor accidents within the last 3 years.
- An applicant's total number of preventable accidents and moving violations may not exceed 4 in last 3 years.
III. General Work History
- The Recruiting Department will review and evaluate the following work history issues:
- Multiple violations of company policy
- P.O. Box Addresses
- Termination from previous employer
- Indication that applicant is not eligible for rehire by previous employer
- Documentation of late pick ups and deliveries or excessive complaints
- An applicant with a dishonorable discharge or discharge for bad conduct from the military will not be considered for employment.
- IV. Experience Requirements
- For the purpose of establishing a wage rate based on experience level, prior driving experience must be verifiable multi-state OTR driving experience with the same motor carrier for a period of six months or more (with the exception of first year multi-state OTR driving-which shall be set forth below). Experience will be rounded down. For instance, two separate periods of 8 months verifiable experience with the same motor carrier employer will total 16 months experience, but will be rounded down to 1 year wage rate. Three separate periods of 8 months verifiable experience with the same motor carrier employer will total 24 months experience and the 2 year wage rate.
- During the first year of an applicant's driving history, verifiable multi-state OTR driving experience with the same motor carriers for a period of at least two months will be considered for the propose of establishing rates, as long as the applicant has not held more than 5 jobs in first year. Experience will be rounded down. For example, seven weeks of experience with one motor carrier will not be considered experience for the purpose of establishing a wage rate. If the applicant has held more than 5 jobs in the first year he/she will start at the 0-experience wage rate.
- Experience must be experience driving a combination of tractor and separate trailer at least 40 ft. in length. The proposed criteria includes flatbed or tanker experience. Comparable military driving experience as indicated on the DD214 form will be considered.
- Experience must be driving a combination of a tractor and separate trailer at least 40 ft. in length. The proposed criteria includes flatbed or tanker experience. Comparable military driving experience as indicated on the DD214 form will be considered.
- Experience must be multi-state OTR experience or experience driving in California between Los Angeles and San Francisco on a regular basis.
- Experience must be verifiable. Experience may be verified by a reference check with a former employer. If a reference check is unavailable, experience may be verified by a DAC report or W2 and, for independent contractors, a business license or tax return.
- Note: We will consider any driving experience within the last 60 months that meets the above criteria.
If you meet this criteria, fill out an online application and contact one of our recruiters today!